4 lbs. chicken or turkey
2-1/2 cups (1/2 lb.) sweet potato or yam
5 cups chopped assorted vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, kale, beets, celery, carrots
1000-1500 mg of calcium citrate per pound of meat
- Place 3-4 cups of water in crockpot (can be cooked faster using conventional stove method).
- Layer chicken, chopped veggies and sweet potato.
- Cover with water, making sure to leave approx. 1/2" at the top to allow room for moisture generated during cooking.
- Set to low setting for 8-10 hours.
- Before serving, remove bones.
- Add calcium citrate, mix well and let cool.
- Feed at least 2.5-3.5 percent of body weight per day. For example, 20 lbs. dog should be fed approximately 1/2 to 3/4 lbs. daily, split between two meals.